As one of the nation’s few models of dropout prevention through an accelerated curriculum approach, The UCAP School offers wonderful volunteer opportunities for educators, community supporters, and others.
- Working one-on-one to help a 12-year-old girl understand her math homework.
- Helping teach photography in the streets of Central Falls.
- Joining a committee to rewrite the Student Handbook to ensure student rights.
- Assisting a clean-up team of students along the Woonasquatucket River.
- Helping raise moneys for the Beyond U that help our kids succeed.
The environment can be challenging, but the options are limitless, and the rewards are breathtaking.
Take a Tour
The UCAP School welcomes visitors. Call Vivienne O’Dwyer at (401) 272-0881 to schedule a tour, usually on school days between 8:30 and 10:30 am. You can attend the school morning meeting, visit some classes, and speak with the director. The school can usually accommodate individuals or groups of up to five-ten people.
Naturally, The UCAP School’s first concern is the well-being of our students. Anyone seeking to volunteer should be prepared for thorough interviewing, background check, and BCI. Please contact us at email@example.com to start the process.