As one of the nations few models of dropout prevention through an accelerated curriculum approach, UCAP offers wonderful volunteer opportunities for educators, community supporters, and others.
- working one-on-one to help a 12-year-old girl understand her math homework
- helping teach photography in the streets of Central Falls
- joining a committee to rewrite the Student Handbook to ensure student rights
- assisting a clean-up team of students along the Woonasquatucket River
- helping raise moneys for the Beyond School programs that help our kids succeed.
The environment can be challenging, but the options are limitless, and the rewards are breathtaking.
First step: take a tour
UCAP welcomes visitors. Call Vivienne O'Dwyer at 401-272-0881 to schedule a tour, usually on school days between 8:30 am and 10:30 am. You can attend the school morning meeting, visit some classes, and speak with the director. The school can usually accommodate individuals or groups of up to five-ten people.
Second step: contact us
Naturally, UCAPs first concern is the well-being of our students. Anyone seeking to volunteer should be prepared for thorough interviewing, background check and BCI. Please contact us at email@example.com to start the process.